TEDxIndianapolisWomen is a celebration of SHOWING UP; a celebration of empowerment, diversity and embracing the knowledge and power women share every day with the community, their profession and their family.
Led by co-organizers Chris Carpenter and Neelay Bhatt and Executive Producer, Rachel Zajac, with the incredible support of partners, sponsors, and volunteers, this inaugural event will feature live speakers, unique performances, streaming videos and interactive activities from the TEDWomen event in Palm Springs, CA. Combined, these experiences spark deep discussion and meaningful connections to build an idea focused community in Indy. TEDxIndianapolisWomen is produced in partnership with Infosys, a TEDx Global Partner.
TEDxIndianapolisWomen Leadership Team
- Chris Carpenter, Beckman Coulter – Licensee / Co-organizer / Speaker Coach
- Neelay Bhatt, PROS Consulting Inc. – Curator / Co-organizer / Speaker Coach
- Rachel Zajac, State of Indiana – Executive Producer / Speaker Coach
- Lindsay Labas, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation – Marketing and PR
- Jeff Robinson, Visit Indy – Marketing and PR
- Dominic Cornett, Indy Parks & Recreation – Hospitality
- Kelley Ford, Horizon League – Partnership / Sponsorship
- Mike Karnuta, Indiana Sports Corp – Partnership / Sponsorship
- DeShong Perry, Eli Lilly – Emcee / Speaker Coach
- Brian Kemple, NSK Corporation – Livestream
- Mariana Lopez, Indiana Univ – Livestream
- Melissa Neel, Visit Indy, – Video Production
- Gloria Renollet – Stage Design and Activation
- Rachel Randolph – Speaker Liaison
Between the main TEDxIndianapolis events, a series of smaller gatherings are held around the city in order to continue the discussion and nurture the community formed during previous TEDxIndianapolis events.
More About TEDx
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. These events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 26 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. At TED, the world’s leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Talks are then made available, free, at TED.com.