The full speaker slate for TEDxIndianapolis on Oct. 22, 2013 has been announced! The 22 speakers include 11 national speakers and bring both local and international perspectives on innovation across disciplines. Davy Rothbart, author, creator of Found Magazine, and a frequent contributor to public radio’s This American Life, will serve as emcee for the day.
Join us at the Hilbert Circle Theatre to catch the following speakers during the Mix It Up event.
National speakers include:
- Gary Benenson (New York) – Are You Smarter Than Your “Smart” Phone?
- Rosan Bosch (Denmark) – Design as a Tool for Developmen
- Catherine Chalmers (New York) – Collaborating with Insects
- Patti Digh (North Carolina) – Grant Specificity to the Other
- John C. Havens (New York) – Shift the Impact of Modern Technology
- Steven M. Johnson (California) – Mental Mixers for Imagining Future Products and Scenarios
- Christian Long (Ohio) – Wonder by Design
- Florian Riviére (nowhere) – Abracadabra
- Davy Rothbart (California) – The Surprising Ways Our Questions Connect Us
- Andrés Tapia (Illinois) – Why Diversity is Upside Down
- Risë Wilson (New York) – What is a Citizen Artist and Why Should We Care?
Read each national speaker’s full bio and “big idea,” here.
Local speakers include:
- Jeb Banner (Indianapolis) – Everything I Needed to Know About Business I Learned from Being in a Band
- Rodney Byrnes (Indianapolis) – Holistic Revitalization
- LaShawnda Crowe Storm (Indianapolis) – Building Community One Stitch at a Time
- Michael Flaherty (Indianapolis) – Spinnovation: Investigating Our Domestic Revolutions
- Matt Hunckler (Indianapolis) – The Truth About Transformation
- Tasha Jones (Indianapolis & Atlanta) – Poetically Remixing Classic Literature
- Jeffrey Kline (Carmel) – Your Face Tells if You are Sick!
- Doug McColgin (Carmel) – Your Neighbor Has Your Breakthrough
- Jim Poyser (Indianapolis) – D’earth! Our Climate Crisis in Poyspective
- Chad Priest (Indianapolis) – Designing the Healthcare Provider of the Future
- Kristin Wright (Indianapolis) – The Power of Welcome
Read each local speaker’s full bio and “big idea,” here.
Tickets for TEDxIndianapolis 2013 at Hilbert Circle Theatre are now on sale. Tickets are $75 with lunch (check out the menu) and $65 without and can be purchased at www.tedxindianapolis.eventbrite.com.